The 41st edition of the Défi Boréal Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue will take place on Saturday, June 8th, 2019, and in addition to the 21.1k, there will also be distances of 5k, 10k and a kids 1k on the beautiful campus of John Abbott College, McGill and the Morgan Arboretum. Finishers medals will be awarded to all 1k kids and half marathon finishers. Age group medals for the fastest runners for all distance. You get your money’s worth at the Défi Boréal : secure and picturesque run courses, snacks at the arrival, chip timing, race certificate and free photos and video!
2019 LIMITS: 175 runners max for the 21.1k, no limits for the 1k, 5k or 10k
- Date: Saturday, June 8, 2019
- Location : (start, finish and registration)
- CEGEP John Abbott College Centre Thérèse Casgrain
- 21275 Lakeshore, Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue
- Organised par : Boréal Runners Club
- Information(s): Jennifer O'Connell, Race Director, email: BorealRace@gmail.com
- This event has received a SILVER SANCTION from the Fédération québécoise d'athlétisme
- Exit 41 from the Autoroute 40 West (TransCanada)
- Exit 39 from Autoroute 20 West Par l'Autoroute 20 ouest, prendre la sortie 39.
- Public transit : Bus 211 from Lionel-Groulx every 30 minutes, starting at 5:30AM and more frequently after 8:30AM. The bus ride is approximately 50
BIB PICKUP AND REGISTRATION
On site starting at 7:15AM on the day of the race
AGE GROUP CATEGORIES FOR EACH RACE (AGE ON RACE DAY)
- 1 km: 0 to 5 years, 6-7, 8-9, 10-11, 12-14. No medals for runners 15 and up or for kids in strollers. Permission for parents to accompany their young children for free.
- 5 km: 0-15 years, 16-17, 18-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+;
- 10 km: 0-17 ans, 18-19 ans, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+;
- 21.1km: 0-19 ans, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
SERVICES FOR RUNNERS
- Secure race courses with no automobile circulation
- Start timing mat for 5k, 10k and 21.1km
- Official time certificate, photos and videos downloadable from the Jikko
- Free parking 500m from the start line
- Kilometer markers on all the courses
- Washrooms indoors as well as portable toilets on the 21.1km course
- Water on the 5 km, 10 km and 21.1 km courses
- Lockers and change rooms indoors (please bring your own locks)
- On site first aid service
- Healthy post-race snack and water
- Rapid online results on www.jikko.ca